[Freeipa-users] named unresponsive at seemingly random times

andrew.tranquada at mailtrust.com andrew.tranquada at mailtrust.com
Sun Jan 19 02:38:35 UTC 2014

It seems to be at random and on different servers, but I will see the following in named.run:

update_zone (psearch) failed for 'idnsname=example.com,cn=dns,dc=example,dc=com'. Zones can be outdated, run `rndc reload`: bad zone

When I see this, I cannot do any dns lookup for records in example.com. In addition, named will not restart, I have to manually kill it and then start it again. Once it is restarted, everything is fine, I can lookup records again.

I am looking for suggestions on troubleshooting or if anyone has seen this before and found a resolution.

I am running Centos 6.5:
389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-30
bind-dyndb-ldap-2.3-5
bind-libs-9.8.2-0.17.rc1