[Freeipa-users] Export data

Dimitar Georgievski mitkany at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 16:03:37 UTC 2014

In my case DNS is not an issue, FreeIPA is integrated with existing DNS
servers.

The above procedure would work for migrating the user's data to a new IPA
server that has a new host name. What if I would like to restore the
original IPA server ? Could I repeat the above steps with the exception of
 #4, in which I would restore backed-up certificates and keytab files. This
should avoid the need to regenerate them, no?

In short how would you perform a full back-up and restore of the Primary
IPA server?  I understand this is not a trivial task for the IPA server and
from what I've learned it is probably not fully supported in the current
ver 3.x

Thanks,

Dimitar