[Freeipa-users] CS.cfg empty

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Mon Jan 27 00:51:55 UTC 2014

We had to reboot the IPA server on a standalone network recently, and this IPA server is the only one on that network; there are no replicas. Upon restarting, the IPA software refused to start because, after a couple hours of tracking things down, our /etc/pki-ca/CS.cfg file is zero-length.

How can I most easily restore this file given that I doubt we have a backup (our bad)? Is there a way to basically reinstall the server without losing the data in the database? Our users and host definitions, anyway?

Thanks!

Bret