[Freeipa-users] Certificate format error: [Errno -8018]

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 14:15:50 UTC 2014

craig.freeipa at noboost.org wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 01:25:56PM -0500, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> craig.freeipa at noboost.org wrote:

>>> Just running into a couple of issues with then manual SSL cert process;
>>>
>>> 1) ERROR when telling certmonger about all the CA certificates
>>>
>>> #Command:
>>> for nickname in "auditSigningCert cert-pki-ca" "ocspSigningCert cert-pki-ca" "subsystemCert cert-pki-ca" "Server-Cert cert-pki-ca"
>>> do
>>>      echo $nickname
>>>      certutil -L -d /var/lib/pki-ca/alias -n "${nickname}" | grep -i after
>>> done
>>>

>>> #Result:
>>> auditSigningCert cert-pki-ca
>>>              Not After : Tue Jan 14 06:45:05 2014
>>> ocspSigningCert cert-pki-ca
>>>              Not After : Tue Jan 14 06:45:05 2014
>>> subsystemCert cert-pki-ca
>>>              Not After : Tue Jan 14 06:45:05 2014
>>> Server-Cert cert-pki-ca
>>>              Not After : Tue Jan 14 06:45:05 2014
>>>
>>> #Command:
>>> for nickname in "auditSigningCert cert-pki-ca" "ocspSigningCert cert-pki-ca" "subsystemCert cert-pki-ca" "Server-Cert cert-pki-ca"
>>> do
>>>      /usr/bin/getcert start-tracking -d /var/lib/pki-ca/alias -n "${nickname}" -c dogtag-ipa-renew-agent -P 705114231111
>>> done
>>>
>>> #Result:
>>> No CA with name "dogtag-ipa-renew-agent" found.
>>> No CA with name "dogtag-ipa-renew-agent" found.
>>> No CA with name "dogtag-ipa-renew-agent" found.
>>> No CA with name "dogtag-ipa-renew-agent" found.
>>>

>>> 2)Upgrade instead?
>>> I could potentionally upgrade the ipa-server to "3.0.0-37.el6", would this version be able to automatically update the certificates?
>>>
>>> cya
>>>
>>> Craig
>>>

>> You need certmonger-0.58-1 or higher to get the
>> dogtag-ipa-renew-agent CA and other fixed. I'll update the wiki with
>> that, sorry for the oversight.
>>
>> You could try updating to 3.0. If you do decide to try upgrading I
>> think I'd go back in time when all the certs are valid first as some
>> services will be restarted during the upgrade and we don't want the
>> upgrade blowing up in the middle because of expired certs.
>>
>> rob
> I'll give the upgrade a go, say I go back to the older date and IPA
> starts fine. Won't the certs still have a hard expiry date on them, so
> I'll need to follow the
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPA_2x_Certificate_Renewal procedure?

It depends in part how far back in time you go. I'd go back a day or two
before the oldest date (not all certs expire at the same time).

The upgrade will configure automatic renewal. I think what I'd recommend
is do the upgrade then restart the certmonger service on the machine.

Run `getcert list` to check the status of the certs. After the restart
they should all renew.

rob