[Freeipa-users] Deploying freeipa behind nginx

Steve Severance steve at altosresearch.com
Fri Jan 31 22:10:25 UTC 2014

Hi Dmitri,

I am using Free Ipa 3.1.5 on Fedora 18. The design basically looks like the
following. All of this is hosted at AWS in our VPC. The nginx
 box is on a web addressable subnet while the FreeIPA box is on a private
subnet that is not internet accessible. My goal is to be able to use the
web UI from our office without having to invest in a hardware VPN
connection. So nginx basically just acts as a reverse proxy and created the
connection on the users behalf to the ipa server. I can login into other
machines I have both in our private data center and in AWS using ipa and
that works great as far as I can tell.

Any more information I can supply? Thanks.

Steve