[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 4.0.0 "Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user."

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Wed Jul 16 19:44:24 UTC 2014

On a clean Fedora 20, minimal install, system using the netinstall iso, I'm getting an error all the way at the end of the ipa-server-install process (when it tries to run ipa-client-install). I put the fqdn of the hostname in /etc/hostname and "ipaddr ipa.usfs-i2.umt.edu ipa" in /etc/hosts and rebooted. Hostname returns the fqdn. DNS A, SRV, and TXT entries are in place. Reverse DNS works.

Copr repository installed, and fedora-updates-testing enabled (for required version of dirsrv). Yum refused to install freeipa-server for reason of unsatisfied dependencies, but dnf succeeded.

Tail end of ipa-server-install is here, followed by a successful kinit and a failed "ipa" command. I can fix the cert issue on the server by following http://www.iamlinux.com/2014/06/ipa-commands-fails-with-peers-certificate-issuer-has-been-marked-as-not-trusted-by-the-user-error/. This allows ipa commands on the server to work. However, ipa-client-install on the client fails with the same "Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user."
Is this a dorky new user problem or should I file a bug?

Bryce

Done configuring the web interface (httpd).
Applying LDAP updates
Restarting the directory server
Restarting the KDC
Restarting the certificate server
Sample zone file for bind has been created in /tmp/sample.zone.dr0fFP.db
Restarting the web server
Configuration of client side components failed!
ipa-client-install returned: Command ''/usr/sbin/ipa-client-install' '--on-master' '--unattended' '--domain' 'usfs-i2.umt.edu' '--server' 'ipa.usfs-i2.umt.edu' '--realm' 'USFS-I2.UMT.EDU' '--hostname' 'ipa.usfs-i2.umt.edu'' returned non-zero exit status 1
[root at ipa yum.repos.d]# kinit admin
Password for admin at USFS-I2.UMT.EDU:
[root at ipa yum.repos.d]# klist
Ticket cache: KEYRING:persistent:0:0
Default principal: admin at USFS-I2.UMT.EDU

Valid starting       Expires              Service principal
07/16/2014 13:29:51  07/17/2014 13:29:45  krbtgt/USFS-I2.UMT.EDU at USFS-I2.UMT.EDU
[root at ipa yum.repos.d]# ipa user-find
ipa: ERROR: cert validation failed for "CN=ipa.usfs-i2.umt.edu,O=USFS-I2.UMT.EDU" ((SEC_ERROR_UNTRUSTED_ISSUER) Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.)
ipa: ERROR: cannot connect to 'https://ipa.usfs-i2.umt.edu/ipa/json': (SEC_ERROR_UNTRUSTED_ISSUER) Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.