[Freeipa-users] 4.0.0 password migration trouble

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Thu Jul 17 19:32:26 UTC 2014

DNS is fixed, 4.0.0 is installed, and my external users have been migrated from an LDAP store via the migrate-ds script.

The password migration page keeps telling me that the password or username I entered is incorrect. (username: test.user, password: test) I did not mistype this. I did set the minimum password length to 0, but not until after migrating my users.

IPA forced me to reset the password for test.user, then kinit (attempting to login via sssd failed), then change the password before sssd logins and ldap binds started working. This is not an appropriate migration path for those users who primarily interact with web apps, so I need that migration page to work.

The LDAP interface is also important to me, as I want to use this for web app authentication. As is, my migrated accounts are doing this:

[root at fislstore ~]#  ldapsearch -h ipa.usfs-i2.umt.edu -x -D 'uid=my_peeps,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=usfs-i2,dc=umt,dc=edu' -W '(objectClass=posixAccount)' dn
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Inappropriate authentication (48)