[Freeipa-users] PatternFly questions

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 11:01:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 12:23:35PM +0200, Petr Vobornik wrote:

> >2. Browsing the screen on a large monitor still leaves the user page (at
> >least) limited to around 22 rows.  This leaves the bottom third of my
> >browser empty.  The table uses the full width of the browser, can it not
> >use the full height too?
>
> I have and idea/plan to make it configurable - to specify the number of
> items and also to allow disabling of paging.

The ideal paging is paging which does not force the user to do much
manual configuration to deliver the information unobtrusively. To me,
it's paging which does not force me to scroll if I don't want to, and
which minimizes the wasted space by maximizing the number of rows to
fit into the screen. IOW, fill in exactly one full screen of data
without introducing scrollbars, and then let me choose -- "load more"
to extend the list on the current page, or go to the next page.

Thus, on each screen the number of rows of the default ideal view can
be different, if the content above and below the table is of
different height, or if the height of the rows is different among
pages/tables.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat