[Freeipa-users] ldap modify

Atanas Bachvaroff bachvaroff at ucc.uni-sofia.bg
Mon Jul 21 11:04:28 UTC 2014

Hello,

I've been experiencing strange problems trying to manually modify the
userPassword attributes in the FreeIPA's 389 directory (FreeIPA 3.3.4 on
Fedora 20). I'm using the following script:

---- CUT ----
[nasko at ipa ~]$ cat change_pass.sh
#!/bin/sh

if test -z "${1}"; then
	echo "no dn supplied"
	exit 1
fi

if test -z "${2}"; then
	PASS="`pwgen 10 1`"
else
	PASS="${2}"
fi

echo "${PASS}"

PASS_HASH="`pwdhash ${PASS}`"

(
	echo "dn: ${1}"
	echo "changetype: modify"
	echo "replace: userPassword"
	echo "userPassword: ${PASS_HASH}"
) | ldapmodify -h localhost -p 389 -D "cn=directory manager" -w "yyyyyyyy"
[nasko at ipa ~]$ ./change_pass.sh
'uid=xxxxxxxx,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=uni-sofia,dc=bg'
nohshohwoo
modifying entry "uid=xxxxxxxx,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=uni-sofia,dc=bg"
ldap_modify: Operations error (1)

[nasko at ipa ~]$

and so on and so on, ldapmodify returing the same error every time, on any
dn. Any suggestions?

P.S.
The server is in migration mode at this time.

--
Best regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / Met vriendelijke groeten,
Atanas Bachvaroff / Atanas Batschwaroff / Ätänas Batsjwärow