[Freeipa-users] Missing /var/lib/ipa/ca_serialno

John Moyer john.moyer at digitalreasoning.com
Wed Jul 23 15:01:34 UTC 2014

Hello All,

    I was going to promote one of my newer replica IPA servers to be the
master of our IPA environment and noticed when following the procedures
to do this that I'm apparently missing this file from my master IPA server:

/var/lib/ipa/ca_serialno

Is there a way to regenerate this file?

    I just made a replica like 3 weeks ago, so it definitely is the
master, I'm just not sure why this file doesn't exist.   Looked at my
backups from the last 3 months and it hasn't existed in that time period.

Thanks,