[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA server in Docker container

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Jul 24 09:47:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 04:17:44PM +0200, Jan Pazdziora wrote:

> if you need a way to quickly run FreeIPA server on your machine while
> keeping the machine open to installation and configuration of other
> software which would otherwise clash with the FreeIPA server, you can
> try FreeIPA in a Docker container. We currently see it as a proof of
> concept, for testing or demo purposes.
>
> The Dockerfiles with other content are available at
>
> 	https://github.com/adelton/docker-freeipa
>
> with branches for Fedora 20, rawhide, and RHEL 7. Automated built
> images are available in Docker index:
>
> 	https://hub.docker.com/u/adelton/
>
> with Fedora 20 and rawhide content. Also available are client
> repositories and images, to quickly start another container and let it
> IPA-enroll to the server in a container.
>
> At this point, the containers need to be run as --privileged.

If you do not like the idea of running privileged containers, good
news for you: the latest code at

	https://github.com/adelton/docker-freeipa

as well as the new images at https://hub.docker.com/u/adelton/
allow the FreeIPA server containers to be run unprivileged.

Also newly available is branch rhel-6 with Identity Management server
configured on RHEL 6.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat