[Freeipa-users] IPA Replica Issues

Mark Heslin mheslin at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 18:26:47 UTC 2014

On 07/28/2014 02:12 PM, Mark Heslin wrote:
> On 07/28/2014 12:46 PM, Joseph, Matthew (EXP) wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently running into some issues with my replica server.
>>
>> I noticed it wasn't getting any updates from the master server so I
>> tried to do a force-sync but it states that it is an "invalid
>> password" which I know it is not the case.
>>
>> I tried doing an ipa-replica-manager list replica_server but it gives
>> me the SASL(-13) authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure:
>> gss_accept_sec_context, 'desc' Invalid Credentials
>>
>> I've tried doing a kdestroy and have it prompt me for the password
>> but again, same error.
>>
>> Any idea what this would be?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt
>>

> Joe,
>
> Are you actually getting a valid Kerberos ticket - on the surface it
> would not appear so.
>
> Also, the command is 'ipa-replica-manage list':
>
> Example:
>   # ipa-replica-manage list
>   idm-srv1.example.com: master
>   idm-srv2.example.com: master
>
> -m

Joe,

I forgot to add, you should be able to do this without a Kerberos ticket
but you'll need to specify the Directory Mnager password:

Example:
   #  ipa-replica-manage list
   Directory Manager password: ********

   idm-srv1.example.com: master
   idm-srv2.example.com: master
   # klist
   klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache KEYRING:persistent:0:0)

I'm runnning RHEL 7 - not sure whether or not this behavior is different
on earlier versions.

-m