[Freeipa-users] 4.0.0 password migration trouble

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Fri Jul 18 15:30:55 UTC 2014

> > That was me, but the context was 'ipa user-add' with a password hash
> rather than migrate-ds. Although it makes sense that 389 ds would act the
> same regardless of how I attempt to store the password. How can I check to
> see whether the passwords made it to freeipa? The migrate-ds script didn't
> complain, but I don't know where to look for logfiles.
>
> I don't think a bug ever got logged for that, at least I can't find one.
> Can you confirm? If not I'll get one logged.

It didn't. My message to the list was the initial "is this a bug or am I being dumb?" question. Until now, there was no response.

No reported errors during migration, but a bunch of warnings:
[Thu Jul 17 11:21:37.703752 2014] [:error] [pid 4534] ipa: WARNING: GID number 65534 of migrated user SOMEUSER does not point to a known group.

Turns out admin and test.user have userPassword and nobody else does. So: only accounts which were created by the server install or for which I manually reset the password.

Bryce