[Freeipa-users] Disable AES256 Encryption

Eldo Joseph jeldo26 at live.com
Mon Jul 21 14:28:53 UTC 2014

Martin,

Application compatible issue, AES256  is not been supported.

Thanks,
Eldo

On 21/07/2014 7:15 pm, Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com> wrote:
On 07/21/2014 03:38 PM, Eldo Joseph wrote:
> Is it possible to disable AES256 Encryption from IPA, while making Kerberos principals...
>
> -Eldo-

I think you would need to hand update krbDefaultEncSaltTypes in
cn=YOUR-REALM,cn=kerberos,SUFFIX (via ldapmodify) to make this working.

Can you share what is the motivation for this change? I see requests to rather
add additional (older) encryption types, not removing the current ones.

Thanks,
Martin