[Freeipa-users] FC20 maps GECOS to display name?

Will Sheldon mail at willsheldon.com
Tue Jul 22 19:01:26 UTC 2014

Hello everyone :)

We have setup FC20 to authenticate against freeipa (3.5). All is working great, except that Fedora GDE appears to show the contents of the GECOS field as the user’s display name, and because we (mis)use GECOS to store geographic info this means that users get the option to “log off Canada” (for example) which is a little confusing.

I’ve checked the docs but I’m unable to work out where this mapping is stored. Has anyone had any success in modifying the source field for LDAP user display name mapping in FC20 (for gnome)?

Kind regards,

Will Sheldon