[Freeipa-users] Correct *usage* for round-robin DNS srv records

Mark Heslin mheslin at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 16:01:57 UTC 2014

Hi Alexander,

 >SRV records need to be resolved first by your software and then resolved
 >records used to perform lookups of the SRV entry content.

Ah, yes that explain it.

 >If your clients don't know how to do that, you  can use multiple A/AAAA
 >record entries to allow round-robin them.

The funny thing here is that this is how I initially configured this (A
Recs) but it was suggested
that I use srv records. Since the OpenShift client do not make use of
srv records then I'll go back
to my initial configuration with A records.

At least now I understand srv records better and this will be used more
and more in the future:-)

Thank you all!

-m

--