[Freeipa-users] Chaning IP of IPA Server

Shree shreerajkarulkar at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 20:49:21 UTC 2014

Arpit
So you are suggesting just make the changes we do while changing the IP address of any server, no IPA configuration will need to be changed?

Shreeraj

Change is the only Constant !

On Thursday, June 5, 2014 12:40 PM, Arpit Tolani <arpittolani at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello

Fix a record in /etc/hosts file on IPA servers, if the IPA server
record is present there.

Make changes to the dns entries for the ipa servers and change the SRV records.

You may have to wait till TTL expires, or you can change the TTL to
very low value such as 60 before changing the IP address. Change IPs
and all DNS records. If everything works fine raise TTL to original
value.

Here we are talking about only changing IP Address, not hostname,
Changing hostname will be too complex, I will suggest you to setup a
replica, promote it as master & decommission the older master.

Regards
Arpit Tolani

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Shree <shreerajkarulkar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Version ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.x86_64
> Hi
> I need to change the IP address of my server. Currently it syncs with a
> replica on a different subnet and has ACLs opened for this. What would be
> the best way to go about it? Will it affect the certificates, clients etc?
>
> Shreeraj

Thanks & Regards
Arpit Tolani