[Freeipa-users] Problem finding new users via command line

John Moyer john.moyer at digitalreasoning.com
Wed Jun 18 14:35:48 UTC 2014

Please ignore this problem, I found the problem, embarrassing as this
is, a host file was in place where I didn't expect it, the user was not
created in the correct system.

John

On 6/18/14, 9:02 AM, John Moyer wrote:
> Rob,
>
>     That is correct, I just put my ssh key in for that new user and
> was unable to ssh to one of the nodes registered with IPA.  I also
> logged in as myself (which did work) and then ran getent password
> new.user and that yielded nothing, but getent password john.moyer
> yielded all of my information.
>

> On 6/17/14, 11:26 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> John Moyer wrote:
>>> Sorry forgot the second part of your question:
>>>
>>> rpm -qa | grep ipa
>>> libipa_hbac-1.9.2-129.el6_5.4.x86_64
>>> ipa-server-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
>>> ipa-pki-ca-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
>>> python-iniparse-0.3.1-2.1.el6.noarch
>>> libipa_hbac-python-1.9.2-129.el6_5.4.x86_64
>>> ipa-python-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
>>> ipa-client-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
>>> ipa-admintools-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
>>> ipa-pki-common-theme-9.0.3-7.el6.noarch
>>> ipa-server-selinux-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
>> It's important that we're comparing apples to apples. Is this a search
>> against the same IPA server or do you have multiple masters?
>>
>> I assume that SSSD isn't seeing these new users either which is what
>> lead you to ldapsearch?
>>
>> You might want to do the same search on a working and non-working box
>> and compare the 389-ds access logs to see if there is anything noticeable.
>>
>> rob
>>
>>> John

>>> Thanks,
>>> John Moyer