[Freeipa-users] Having difficulty installing on Fedora 20

Carl Perry caperry at spherecube.io
Tue Jun 24 19:40:41 UTC 2014

Whoops, let me send replies to the list. Sorry about that!

It appears the problem is with named not starting. I did install the
required packages, but it looks like SELinux is getting in the way:

[root at freeipa named]# named -f -d 255
isc_file_isplainfile 'data/named.run' failed: permission denied
[root at freeipa named]#

It took some time digging through logs and startup scripts to find the
exact issue.

  -Carl