[Freeipa-users] Introduction and question regarding SMTP/IMAP

Dave Gonzalez dgonzalezh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:19:41 UTC 2014

> On Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Dave Gonzalez wrote:
>> Alexander, thank you very much for your config sample, I took some
>> time and compared to mine and they're pretty much the same, I want to
>> move mailboxes to Maildir style because the system I'm planning to
>> migrate to this IPA deployment does use Maildir style mailboxes.
> I would still suggest you to check if plain IPA setup is working, i.e.
> if you can successfuly use GSSAPI against Dovecot from a Linux client
> with Thunderbird or mutt.

I got Thunderbird successfully connecting and getting mail, I did have
to authenticate *but* using the MIT Kerberos client software I've talked
to you about.

> Once that is working, you can be sure that your server side is in order
> and start looking at how to integrate Windows machines.

I added mine but nothing happened, I tried looking at the IPA logs to
see if my Windows  8 cent is even trying to authenticate to the KDC
after checking /var/log/krb5kdc.log I don't see any attempt from the machine

> Read also
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Windows_authentication_against_FreeIPA

I tried this but it was not successful at all, I didn't see any prompt
or user/password combo box to login, information is there but it'\s not
as complete as one would expect, knowing that a WIKI is community effort
I can't ask for much, but it was a good guide though.

I'll keep on reading and trying until I get it ready, because this need
to go production in some months.

Thanks for all of your replies and helpful info.

--Regards DavidG