[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA Psotfix+Dovecot

Dave Gonzalez dgonzalezh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:55:36 UTC 2014

Hello Mr. freeipa-users

On 6/26/2014 2:17 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 25.6.2014 15:03, Dave Gonzalez wrote:
>> Hey again guys,
>>
>> I know and understand there are topics that draw more interest and
>> attention
>> than others but I'd really need to insist on a *working*
>> FreeIPA+Postfix+Dovecto tutorial tested by any members of the
>> community?.
>>
>> I'd like to deploy this setup for my company so that some 20+ users can
>> authenticate OTP-style or SSO-style to Services on my current setup
>> which
>> include Openfire, Asterisk.
>>
>> I'd really appreciate a bit more attention to something that many
>> users will
>> like me thank and appreciate.
>
> Hello,
>
> Do you have any particular problem with how-tos in Mail Services section?
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTos#Mail_Services

It's a very very valuable effort which has helped me greatly, so I'm not
complaining. There's more like misleading information and at some points
incomplete.

For instance. I could point out that from the Dovecot part the author is
using the "protocols" statement which is now obsolete.
(http://www.freeipa.org/page/Dovecot_IMAPS_Integration_with_FreeIPA_using_Single_Sign_On)

quote

    Edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf to allow imap

Find

#protocols = imap pop3 lmtp

and replace with

protocols = imap

end quote

Another is where you add the "mailusers" group and the corresponding
user, they never mention that you need to get a new ticket with "kinit
admin"

quote

    Create new IPA group for mailbox access