[Freeipa-users] IPA+AD trust and NFS nobody issue

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Thu Jun 26 22:02:47 UTC 2014

> The reason is that rpcidmapd` does not parse fully-qualified usernames
> so"adtest at AD.EXAMPLE.ORG@IPA.EXAMPLE.ORG" does not work.

If someone can educate me as to why there are two @ signs in the above, I can fix the wiki page (http://www.freeipa.org/page/Collaboration_with_Kerberos#Mechanism_1:_Kerberos_cross-realm_trusts)

I know about individual cross-realm principals,

adtest/AD.EXAMPLE.ORG at IPA.EXAMPLE.ORG

And I know about cross-realm trust principals:

krbtgt/AD.EXAMPLE.ORG at IPA.EXAMPLE.ORG

But I was under the impression that if a user traversed a trust, their client principal name would still be adtest at AD.EXAMPLE.ORG . I am not aware of any circumstances which would produce a client principal with two "@" signs in it. Pls fix my ignorance.

Thanks,
Bryce