[Freeipa-users] IPA+AD trust and NFS nobody issue

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Fri Jun 27 00:10:53 UTC 2014

Also: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access-04

Never became an RFC, but cites Simo's I-D on a Kerberos PAC.

I like the CITI approach better (also approach 2 of section 6 in the above I-D). I have no use for the groups defined in my active directory. Also, for the external collaboration case, my AD may not be accessible to an NFS server outside the firewall.

However, if (?) support for an NFSRemoteUser schema is lacking in FreeIPA, and if AD is accessible to both client and server, it seems that approach 3 of section 6 above would be the answer? Somehow configure idmap.conf (on NFS clients and servers) to directly query AD? Does that seem correct?

Bryce