[Freeipa-users] Help: Rebooted IPA server and AD Trust shows offline

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 08:43:34 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 02:23:47PM -0400, Mark Gardner wrote:
> Was trying to add an external ad group to IPA, it kept failing with unable
> to connect to server.
>
> Figured I'd reboot to clear things up.  Oops.
>
> Now wbinfo --online-status shows are AD as offline.
> wbinfo -u shows blank
>
> wbinfo -n 'DOMAIN\user' gives the following message:
>
> failed to call wbcLookupName: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
> could not lookup 'Domain\user'

There might be various reasons for this issue. To debug this winbindd
logs are needed.
Please

- call "net conf setparm global 'log level' 10" on the command lien
- stop smbd and winbindd
- remove (or save at a different location) the log files in
  /var/log/samba
- start smbd and winbindd
- run "wbinfo -n 'DOMAIN\user'" again
- check /var/log/samba/wb-ADDOMAIN for errors

Feel free to send the log to the list or directly to me if you think the
file is too large for a mailing-list or if it might contain sensitive
information.

bye,
Sumit