[Freeipa-users] Using external KDC

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:42:35 UTC 2014

Is it possible with FreeIPA to use an external KDC or pass some or all
authentication to an external KDC?  The KDC at our University may give
me a one way trust if I describe my implementation plan for FreeIPA.
Currently I use 389DS with PAM pass through using untrusted pam_krb5.
I'd like to fully utilize FreeIPA without managing passwords since all
my users already have University accounts.  I just want to manage
authorization for my systems, not authentication.

Thanks
- Trey