[Freeipa-users] Propose FreeIPA theses: IPA support for sites

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 15:55:50 UTC 2014

On 6.3.2014 14:32, Petr Spacek wrote:
> now it is the right time to propose topics for theses in the next university
> year.

I propose "[RFE] IPA should support and manage DNS sites"

It is rotting in the backlog and we are not going to touch it any time soon.

There is very low amount of 'theory' behind it but IMHO it is complex enough:
- Some theoretical analysis of our proposal sounds like a good idea. We don't
know if it is the best way or not.
- Some testing with various *real* non-SSSD clients will be helpful.
- Analysis how this can work with DNSSEC will be helpful.
- This feature needs API/CLI/UI design. It is not clear how the workflow
should look like etc.
- Support for roaming clients (in bind-dyndb-ldap) is missing.

The scope can be changed as necessary.

--
Petr^2 Spacek