[Freeipa-users] Propose FreeIPA theses: IPA support for sites

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 15:59:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 10:12:43AM -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> We need to check if those are still relevant
> * https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/179/java-loginmodule-using-gssapi
> <- I heard JBoss guys are fixing it
> * We are talking to Mongo about this: https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/95/gssapi-auth-plugin-for-mongodb-
> I would consider pushing it lower in priority
> * Is this still not implemented: https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/14/support-the-native-ipa-sudo-schema-
> ?

This topic is being worked on actively. Me and Pavel have been mentoring
the student.

> * Is this really needed any more? https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/13/document-the-internals-of-libldb-and-create-an-example-module-and-example-back-end
> It looks like Yassir's document covers a lot.

This topic is about ldb, not SSSD, but I agree it's not terribly important.

> * This https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/12/implement-support-for-additional-maps-for-the-sssd-fast-cache
> is still relevant but not a super high priority.
> * It is unclear whether this is needed any more: https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/11/implement-3rd-party-id-mapper-in-sssd-
> seems like people can either use existing mapper (green field case)
> or already have UID/GID that they need to put into the central
> server.

I agree.

> * This one is taken: https://thesis-managementsystem.rhcloud.com/topic/show/10/create-openlmi-provider-for-management-of-the-client-components
> right?

This is being worked on by Pavel.

> On SSSD side I used a keyword to try to group all the tickets
> related to the state/status/health of SSSD.
> Here is what I got: https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~Status&col=id&col=summary&col=keywords&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&order=priority
> most in 1.13 so too soon but still there may be some work we can
> offer.
>

> GNOME Keyring work
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2221
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2222

These two sounds OK to me, altough they'd require quite a bit of
mentoring.

> UID/GID solution
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1715
>
> Chaining access providers:
> https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/1326

I'm not sure these two are enough for a thesis..

> One can dig more into 14-15 releases to see if there is anything
> else worth looking into.

What about the validator in ding-libs?

What about developing a set of tests using cwrap?