[Freeipa-users] Using external KDC

Nathaniel McCallum npmccallum at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 19:13:06 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 14:50 -0400, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 03/10/2014 10:32 AM, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

> >> Nathaniel, do we have a build of the latest bits for RHEL7 somewhere?
> >> Can you help with this POC please?
> > None of those commands will be present in EL 7.0 and we don't currently
> > have EL 7.0 builds of FreeIPA 4.0 master to my knowledge.
>
> I thought we have something that builds latest bits for RHEL. If not is
> it hard to produce one?

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=11554

Koji doesn't currently list an EPEL build of IPA, most likely because
such a package would disturb the EL packages. We could create a Copr
build for EL6, but I don't know how many dependencies it would drag in.
If the dependencies are minimal, the job would be fairly easy. I may
take a stab at this later this week.

> > It would be possible to do this via manual manipulation of the LDAP
> > entries. You'd need to create an ipatokenRadiusConfiguration object and
> > then add the ipatokenRadiusProxyUser class (ipatokenRadiusConfigLink
> > attribute) to each user you'd like to proxy.
> >
> > However, I don't think manual manipulation of LDAP like this is a
> > supported operation. I would also imagine that your University may look
> > down on an intentional man-in-the-middle password proxy.
> >
> > Nathaniel
> >
> Nathaniel. All the security disclaimers have been mentioned earlier in
> the thread.
> While I agree with you from security POV proxy is a solution that
> already in place so it is not worse than now.

Yup, I just wanted to make sure I covered the disclaimers in full in the
same email detailing how to enable it. :)

Nathaniel