[Freeipa-users] install with external CA failed

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Mon Mar 10 19:45:18 UTC 2014

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:44:01 +0100 Jan wrote:
JC> On 6.3.2014 05:42, Robert Story wrote:
JC> > I'm trying to install on CentOS 6.5 (ipa-server-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64)
JC> > and an external CA. I'm getting this error:
JC> > [snip]
JC> Can you please run certutil -V on the issuer certificate
JC> (CN=Certificate Authority,O=xxx)? That might give us a clue why it is
JC> invalid.

Unfortunately I've already scrapped that install and just went with the
internal self-signed CA. So far, the only annoyance is that the webserver
also presents a self-signed cert for the UI.  Is it safe to replace just
the web cert with a cert signed by my local CA? Or might that break
something?

Robert

--
Senior Software Engineer @ Parsons