[Freeipa-users] SSS for sudoers confusion

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 06:54:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014, David Taylor wrote:
>@Dmitri - Thank you for your reply, that is actually one of the documents
>I read, however there seem to be some steps missing as with the
>configuration elements in place sudo doesn't work
>
>dtaylor is not allowed to run sudo on ipa-client.  This incident will be
>reported.
>
>There is some note about configuring a password on the ldap user however
>following the suggestions I found didn't actually work.
 From your original email I can see that you put sudo provider
configuration into wrong section in sssd.conf. No wonder it does not
work. Any provider configuration must be in the domain section.

In RHEL 6.5 and before you can do like I describe here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-June/msg00064.html

In Fedora 20 you don't need to add anything for IPA case because sssd
will set everything up by default for IPA provider.

Did you actually read man page sssd-sudo(5)? It has exact configuration
changes you need to do.

>Best regards
>David Taylor

/ Alexander Bokovoy