[Freeipa-users] Joining realm failed: SASL Bind failed Local error (-2) (SOLVED)

Rashard.Kelly at sita.aero Rashard.Kelly at sita.aero
Tue Mar 11 13:50:23 UTC 2014

Thanks, after a little digging I found that the reverse DNS records were
not configured for the masters.

Thank You,
Rashard Kelly

From:   Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
To:     Rashard.Kelly at sita.aero
Cc:     freeipa-users at redhat.com
Date:   03/10/2014 10:17 AM
Subject:        Re: [Freeipa-users] Joining realm failed: SASL Bind failed
Local error (-2)

This service should be needed at all in default installation, did you
maybe try
to run ipa-client-install with --no-sssd option and do not have
nss-pam-ldapd
package installed?

Martin