[Freeipa-users] Sudo Rule Command Line Option Arguments

Rashard.Kelly at sita.aero Rashard.Kelly at sita.aero
Wed Mar 12 15:47:40 UTC 2014

What is the correct way to add a flag inside a sudo command that will be
added to a command group? When adding commands with no flags I have no
issue such as "/usr/bin/yum info example*" but when I try to add options
to the command like this "/usr/bin/yum --disableexcludes=all localinstall
example*", It does not work even when escaping items like --. How does IPA
handle a request like that?

ipa-client-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64

[rkelly at hostname /]$ ipa sudocmdgroup-add-member --sudocmds "/usr/bin/yum
--disableexcludes=all localinstall example*" yumsita
  Sudo Command Group: yumexample
  Member Sudo commands: /usr/bin/yum info example*, /usr/bin/yum update
example*,
                        /usr/bin/yum remove example*, /usr/bin/yum install
                        example*, /usr/bin/yum localinstall example*,
/usr/bin/yum
                        localupdate example*
  Failed members:
    member sudo command: /usr/bin/yum --disableexcludes=all localinstall
example*: no such entry
Number of members added 0

Thank You,
Rashard Kelly

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the
addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.