[Freeipa-users] Password sync woes

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 23:24:09 UTC 2014

On 03/13/2014 05:18 PM, Todd Maugh wrote:
> Sorry Guys me again.
>
> So I have my winsync agreement up
>
> and I know have my password sync setup
>
> the cert has been imported
>
> SSL is configured properly,
>
> but when I go to change a password in AD
>
> I see this error in passsync.log
>
> LDAP error in QueryUsername
>             32: No such object

It means your suffix/base DN that you used in PassSync setup is incorrect.
You can check the access log to see what it is doing -
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-YOUR-DOMAIN/access - look for connections from the
IP address of your AD machine.
Note that the suffix/base DN that you used in PassSync setup is the
suffix/base DN of your IdM server, which is not necessarily the same as
your AD server.