[Freeipa-users] sudo to local users prompts for password

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 21:03:23 UTC 2014

Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 03/14/2014 02:43 PM, Shree wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> We just upgraded our clients from ipa-client-2.2.0-16.el6.x86_64 to
>> ipa-client-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64 and started noticing this. We have some
>> scripts which sudo to a local account like "apache" and run. Earlier
>> we were never prompted to put apache's password, now it is. Any thoughts?
>>
>> Shreeraj
> No attachment.

I tend to agree with Dmitri here. What other package(s) were updated at
the same time?

Normally merely updating packages won't affect the IPA client
configuration. You'd need to re-run ipa-client-install. So I don't quite
understand why the change either.

Are you using ldap or sssd for sudo? I would assume ldap given the old
2.x client.

rob