[Freeipa-users] ipa-client-install fails on replica because of kinit cannot contact any KDC

Shree shreerajkarulkar at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 21:37:54 UTC 2014

Hello
I was able to successfully move all my clients to the replica except on the process I had to upgrade the client to "ipa-client-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64" and some times run a --uninstall

. Bit it works for the most part. Have been struggling with one last host with errors like below. I have tested the port connectivity using telnet and netcat commands but the install thinks these ports are blocked?

kerberos authentication failed
kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for realm 'MYDOMAIN.COM' while getting initial credentials

Please make sure the following ports are opened in the firewall settings:
     TCP: 80, 88, 389
     UDP: 88 (at least one of TCP/UDP ports 88 has to be open)
Also note that following ports are necessary for ipa-client working properly after enrollment:
     TCP: 464
     UDP: 464, 123 (if NTP enabled)
Installation failed. Rolling back changes.
Disabling client Kerberos and LDAP configurations
Redundant SSSD configuration file /etc/sssd/sssd.conf was moved to /etc/sssd/sssd.conf.deleted
Restoring client configuration files
Client uninstall complete.
[root at www /]#

In the /var/log/ipaclient-install.log I also see things like below. I get Autodiscovery failures but I am manually entering things and they have been working.

2014-03-19T21:13:47Z DEBUG Found: cn=MYDOMAIN.COM,cn=kerberos,dc=mydomain,dc=com
2014-03-19T21:13:47Z DEBUG Discovery result: Success; server=ldap2.mydomain.com, domain=mydomain.com, kdc=ldap.mydomain.com, basedn=dc=mydomain,dc=com
2014-03-19T21:13:47Z DEBUG Validated servers: ldap2.mydomain.com
2014-03-19T21:13:47Z WARNING The failure to use DNS to find your IPA server indicates that your resolv.conf file is not properly configured.
2014-03-19T21:13:47Z INFO Autodiscovery of servers for failover cannot work with this configuration.
2014-03-19T21:13:47Z INFO If you proceed with the installation, services will be configured to always access the discovered server for all operations and will not fail over to other servers in case of failure.

Shreeraj

Change is the only Constant !