[Freeipa-users] AD-IPA winsync performance issues

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 15:10:20 UTC 2014

On 03/24/2014 03:27 AM, Dave Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Installed the 'standard' RHEL6 ipa-server-3.0 packages, tried to set
> up winsync replication from an Active Directory server which resides
> in the same network segment as the IPA server.
>
> The IPA server is running in a VM, configured with a single processor,
> 2G memory.
>
> We're trying to do a one-way sync from the AD server to the IPA
> server.   The replication runs but is very slow, syncing only a couple
> of AD userids to the IPA server per hour.
>
> Has anyone else encountered similar winsync replication performance
> problems?  Tips or suggestions would be very welcome!

First step is to take a look at the dirsrv errors log -
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-YOUR-DOMAIN/errors - to see if there are any
problems there.

If nothing, next step is to reproduce the problem using the Replication
logging level - http://port389.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting - this will
make it run even more slowly, but will provide a great deal of detailed
information.