[Freeipa-users] IPA - Samba / Redmine / Disable Kerberos?

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 12:29:39 UTC 2014

On 03/26/2014 12:42 PM, צביקה הרמתי wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt reply.
> I tried to just bind Redmine, and failed; so I assumed that it's not
> possible.
> Now, with that information, I'm encouraged to try again...

According to [1], you should be able to create a system account for redmine in
FreeIPA LDAP (example in [2]) and pass the DN to "Account" option and fill it's
password.

Then it should be pretty straightforward to configure Redmine to bind users
against FreeIPA LDAP by filling the Base DN and the right user attributes.

BTW as Petr already said, when you make your setup working it would be indeed
very welcome and helpful for FreeIPA community if you create a howto on our
wiki [3].

Martin

[1] http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/RedmineLDAP
[2] ejabberd account creation in