[Freeipa-users] IPA - Samba / Redmine / Disable Kerberos?

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 07:15:08 UTC 2014

Thanks! That helps. I have few suggestions that would be great if you test:

1) Can we point Redmine to search users directly in the users container?
I.e. cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com instead of just dc=example,dc=com.
It will narrow down the LDAP search.

2) Can you search over LDAPS? Just to make sure that the bind and user password
do not get in plain text over the wire.

3) Does the On-the-fly user creation goes well? In current configuration it
would seem to me that some of the attributes that FreeIPA keeps for each user
are not utilized. Would something like:

On-the-fly user creation = yes
Attributes
  Login     = uid
  Firstname = givenName
  Lastname  = sn
  Email     = mail

provide better results in on the fly user creation?

Martin