[Freeipa-users] Configuration backup (before Samba integration)

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 07:36:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:37 AM, צביקה הרמתי <haramaty.zvika at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi.
> I have a working network with IdM (FreeIPA).
> I'd like to integrate it with Samba, according to
> http://techslaves.org/2011/08/24/freeipa-and-samba-3-integration/
>
> What's the recommended way to backup current IPA settings and
> configurations, so in case that the Samba integration won't go well I'd be
> able to revert back to my current situation?

I would test this first in a couple of vm's first. If you have a spare pc
newer than 4 years old chances are it is powerful enough to run a
hypervisor. You can isolate a full test network there. Once you are
satifsfied with your testing and you have documented all the steps, run
them in production ;-)

--
groet,
natxo