[Freeipa-users] Badly corrupted IPA

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 14:08:28 UTC 2014

Bret Wortman wrote:
> BTW, this also fails when using the web UI -- I can see the entry but
> not delete it.

It sounds like you have a replication conflict entry. Try this search:

$ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b cn=computers,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com
fdqdn=myhost.example.com

You'll probably get something with a dn that includes a nsuniqueid in
it. That is the conflict entry. IPA can find the host because it
searches by fqdn too, but it deletes by generating the direct DN and
since it doesn't match, no delete.

You can delete the wayward entry using ldapdelete.

rob