[Freeipa-users] HELP

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:37:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Todd Maugh <tmaugh at boingo.com> wrote:

>  My Master IPA server has been lost,
>

>  My replica is still up and functioning.
>

>  what is the best way to proceed?
>

>  Do I rebuild my master and add it has a replica?
>

>  how do I get my master back in line with my IPA env?
>

>  the Master needs to be rebuilt from scratch
>

>  red hat 6.5 latest version of IPA

Just a quick question: is this a production network with real business in
risk? Or is this a test lab?

To answer your questions: I guess that it depends on whether the 2nd master
(in ipa all domain controllers are multimaster) has a copy of the CA too.
If it does then yes, you can rebuild it and create a replica.

If the domain controller does not have a copy of the CA, well, I am not
really sure at this point.

--
regards,
natxo