[Freeipa-users] migrating from OpenLDAP to freeIPA

cbulist at gmail.com cbulist at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:54:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to migrate my database from OpenLDAP to freeIPA
(ipa-server-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64) but I get an error when freeIPA starts
to import the group (all the users were imported without problem).
This is the command that I am using for import:

ipa migrate-ds --with-compat --user-container="ou=People,dc=sample,dc=com" --group-container="ou=Group,dc=sample,dc=com" --bind-dn="cn=Manager,dc=sample,dc=com"  ldap://openldap.sample.com

ipa: ERROR: group LDAP search did not return any result (search base:
ou=Group,dc=sample,dc=com, objectclass: groupofuniquenames, groupofnames)

This is how looks a group in openldap database:

dn: cn=ftp,ou=Group,dc=sample,dc=com
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: top
cn: ftp
userPassword: {crypt}x
gidNumber: 50

I tried migrate it without compat support and I got the same error.
Any clue about this problem? Thanks in advance!...