[Freeipa-users] DNS SOA Records

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue May 13 19:32:24 UTC 2014

On 05/13/2014 02:12 PM, Bob wrote:
> I ran
>
> ipa dnszone-mod vh1.vzwnet.com <http://vh1.vzwnet.com>
> --update-policy="grant bob-key name test.vh1.vzwnet.com.;"
>
> I then execute the nsupdate:
>
> [root at nj51rhidms16v ~]# ./bobtest.sh
> ; TSIG error with server: tsig indicates error
> update failed: NOTAUTH(BADKEY)
>

> [root at nj51rhidms16v ~]# cat ./bobtest.sh
> #!/bin/ksh
> #
> keyfile=bob-key:hkVEYuIRUGaytJRHPd0tww==
> print "update add test.vh1.vzwnet.com <http://test.vh1.vzwnet.com> 90
> CNAME txslxngda5.nss.vzwnet.com
> <http://txslxngda5.nss.vzwnet.com>\n"|nsupdate -y $keyfile
>
> [root at nj51rhidms16v log]# tail daemon
> May 13 03:20:04 nj51rhidms16v [sssd[ldap_child[11987]]]: Error
> processing keytab file [default]: Principal
> [host/nj51rhidms16v.nss.vzwnet.com at IPA.NSS.VZWNET.COM
> <mailto:nj51rhidms16v.nss.vzwnet.com at IPA.NSS.VZWNET.COM>] was not
> found. Unable to create GSSAPI-encrypted LDAP connection.
> May 13 03:20:04 nj51rhidms16v [sssd[ldap_child[11987]]]: Error writing
> to key table
> May 13 04:45:42 nj51rhidms16v rhnsd[12406]: running program
> /usr/sbin/rhn_check
> May 13 08:45:42 nj51rhidms16v rhnsd[12962]: running program
> /usr/sbin/rhn_check
> May 13 12:08:55 nj51rhidms16v [sssd[ldap_child[13470]]]: Error
> processing keytab file [default]: Principal
> [host/nj51rhidms16v.nss.vzwnet.com at IPA.NSS.VZWNET.COM
> <mailto:nj51rhidms16v.nss.vzwnet.com at IPA.NSS.VZWNET.COM>] was not
> found. Unable to create GSSAPI-encrypted LDAP connection.
> May 13 12:08:55 nj51rhidms16v [sssd[ldap_child[13470]]]: Error writing
> to key table
> May 13 12:45:42 nj51rhidms16v rhnsd[13543]: running program
> /usr/sbin/rhn_check
> May 13 14:07:59 nj51rhidms16v named[27438]: client 10.194.96.47#15739:
> request has invalid signature: TSIG bob-key: tsig verify failure (BADKEY)
> May 13 14:11:24 nj51rhidms16v [sssd[ldap_child[13785]]]: Error
> processing keytab file [default]: Principal
> [host/nj51rhidms16v.nss.vzwnet.com at IPA.NSS.VZWNET.COM
> <mailto:nj51rhidms16v.nss.vzwnet.com at IPA.NSS.VZWNET.COM>] was not
> found. Unable to create GSSAPI-encrypted LDAP connection.
> May 13 14:11:24 nj51rhidms16v [sssd[ldap_child[13785]]]: Error writing
> to key table

Several things:
The sssd failures indicate that you might have installed and configured
SSSD via ipa-client and then wiped out the keytab, probably to emulate
nsupdate without a keytab.
I am not sure it is relevant but I suggest that you try nsupdate from an
unenrolled machine. If machine is enrolled the nsupdate would work
anyways so you need to deal with the situation when you a running
nspudate from a machine that does not have ipa-client configured so
trying on a clean system would be better.

Can you validate that the key is actually correct on the both sides?