[Freeipa-users] Where do I change the nsslapd-accesslog-level?

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue May 13 21:35:35 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Richard Megginson
> <rmeggins at redhat.com>wrote:

Yes.

> Or that there is
> literally no way to change the level despite the fact that there are levels?

Yes, you can change the level.  You can make it much more verbose than it is already.  I don't think this is what you want.

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Configuration_Command_and_File_Reference/Core_Server_Configuration_Reference.html#cnconfig-nsslapd_accesslog_level

So you could, for example, change the level to 4, and log internal operations.  1) That may be much more verbose than the default of 256 2) That may not be particularly useful to you.

If the purpose of changing the access logging level is to reduce the I/O, then no, there is no level which will reduce the verbosity but still give you some sort of useful data in the access log.

If you want to reduce the verbosity, but still have some sort of useful information, then you'll have to use the named pipe log script to filter out only those events which are useful to you.