[Freeipa-users] Stock with a Master in read-only mode

Davis Goodman davis.goodman at digital-district.ca
Wed May 21 06:36:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

Lately I’ve been having issues of replication between my server and my 2 replicas.

I decided I was going to delete my 2 replicas and start over keeping my master intact.

I wasn`t successfull in getting all 3 servers to replicate to each other. ( it used to work)

I tried deleting  1 replica after the other one  to always keep one of the two available.

I had to delete manually the replica host on the master with a bunch of ldapdelete command which worked fine.

But after many unsuccessful trials of getting everyone to sync I decided to delete my two replicas.

I went back to my master to use the ldapdelete to remove both host`s records so that I could start over.

Unfortunately now I’m getting this error.

ldapdelete -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W   cn=DNS,cn=freeipa02.mtl.domain.int,cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=domain,dc=int
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_delete: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
	additional info: database is read-only

I’m kinda stuck now with no replicas and no DNS. I could restore the backup prior to the start of the operation but with a master in read-only mode it wouldn’t of much help.

Any insights would be more than welcome.

Davis

Davis Goodman
Directeur Informatique  |  IT Manager

5605 Avenue de Gaspé, Suite 408  |  Montréal, QC H2T 2A4
Tél: +1 (514) 360-3253 x104            Cell: +1 (514) 994-7360