[Freeipa-users] Stock with a Master in read-only mode

Davis Goodman davis.goodman at digital-district.ca
Wed May 21 11:31:08 UTC 2014

On May 21, 2014, at 6:54 , Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/21/2014 09:12 AM, Davis Goodman wrote:

>>> Hi Davis, did maybe some of your ipa-replica-manage crashed in a middle of an
>>> operation or an upgrade was interrupted  and left the database put in read only
>>> mode?
>>>
>>> You can find out with this ldapsearch:
>>>
>>> ldapsearch -h `hostname` -D "cn=Directory Manager" -x -w kokos123 -b
>>> 'cn=userRoot,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config' -s base
>>>
>>> Check for nsslapd-readonly, it should be put to "off" in normal operation.
>>>
>>> Martin
>> Ok finally managed to modify the read-only flag.
>>
>> Could prepare my replicas and get them going.
>>
>> Everything seems fine but I’m getting this error while setting up the replicas. Should I be concerned about this one:
>>
>> Update in progress
>> Update in progress
>> Update in progress
>> Update in progress
>> Update in progress
>> Update in progress
>> Update succeeded
>>  [23/31]: adding replication acis
>>  [24/31]: setting Auto Member configuration
>>  [25/31]: enabling S4U2Proxy delegation
>> ipa         : CRITICAL Failed to load replica-s4u2proxy.ldif: Command '/usr/bin/ldapmodify -v -f /tmp/tmplpfMNG -H ldap://freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int:389 -x -D cn=Directory Manager -y /tmp/tmp4Svn9k' returned non-zero exit status 20
>>  [26/31]: initializing group membership
>>  [27/31]: adding master entry
>>  [28/31]: configuring Posix uid/gid generation
>>

>> the rest seems to work fine.
>
> You need to check ipareplica-install.log to see the real error.
>
> I wonder if "cn=ipa-http-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,YOUR-SUFFIX" and
> "cn=ipa-ldap-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,YOUR-SUFFIX" exist.
>
> Martin

The first one is there:

ldapsearch -D "cn=Directory Manager” -W -LLL -x -b cn=ipa-http-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int""
dn: cn=ipa-http-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int
ipaAllowedTarget: cn=ipa-ldap-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistr
 ict,dc=int
ipaAllowedTarget: cn=ipa-cifs-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistr
 ict,dc=int
memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa01.prs.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa02.prs.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa01.chr.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa01.bxl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa01.mtl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
cn: ipa-http-delegation
objectClass: ipaKrb5DelegationACL
objectClass: groupOfPrincipals
objectClass: top

But not the second one:

ldapsearch -D "cn=Directory Manager” -W -LLL -x -b cn=ipa-ldap-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int""
No such object (32)
Matched DN: cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int

Also what is strange is that I got the error only on one of the replicas, the other one went through without any hiccups.

Thanks for the help.

Davis
--

Davis Goodman
Directeur Informatique  |  IT Manager

5605 Avenue de Gaspé, Suite 408  |  Montréal, QC H2T 2A4
Tél: +1 (514) 360-3253 x104            Cell: +1 (514) 994-7360