[Freeipa-users] Stock with a Master in read-only mode

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed May 21 16:06:15 UTC 2014

On 05/21/2014 01:31 PM, Davis Goodman wrote:

> <http://www.digital-district.ca/>
>
> On May 21, 2014, at 6:54 , Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com
> <mailto:mkosek at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>> On 05/21/2014 09:12 AM, Davis Goodman wrote:

>>> Ok finally managed to modify the read-only flag.
>>>
>>> Could prepare my replicas and get them going.
>>>
>>> Everything seems fine but I’m getting this error while setting up the
>>> replicas. Should I be concerned about this one:
>>>
>>> Update in progress
>>> Update in progress
>>> Update in progress
>>> Update in progress
>>> Update in progress
>>> Update in progress
>>> Update succeeded
>>>  [23/31]: adding replication acis
>>>  [24/31]: setting Auto Member configuration
>>>  [25/31]: enabling S4U2Proxy delegation
>>> ipa         : CRITICAL Failed to load replica-s4u2proxy.ldif: Command
>>> '/usr/bin/ldapmodify -v -f /tmp/tmplpfMNG -H
>>> ldap://freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int:389 -x -D cn=Directory Manager -y
>>> /tmp/tmp4Svn9k' returned non-zero exit status 20
>>>  [26/31]: initializing group membership
>>>  [27/31]: adding master entry
>>>  [28/31]: configuring Posix uid/gid generation
>>>

>>> the rest seems to work fine.
>>
>> You need to check ipareplica-install.log to see the real error.
>>
>> I wonder if "cn=ipa-http-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,YOUR-SUFFIX" and
>> "cn=ipa-ldap-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,YOUR-SUFFIX" exist.
>>
>> Martin
>>

> The first one is there:
>
> ldapsearch -D "cn=Directory Manager” -W -LLL -x -b
> cn=ipa-http-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int""
> dn: cn=ipa-http-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int
> ipaAllowedTarget: cn=ipa-ldap-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistr
>   ict,dc=int
> ipaAllowedTarget: cn=ipa-cifs-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistr
>   ict,dc=int
> memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa01.prs.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
> <mailto:HTTP/freeipa01.prs.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT>
> memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa02.prs.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
> <mailto:HTTP/freeipa02.prs.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT>
> memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
> <mailto:HTTP/freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT>
> memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa01.chr.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
> <mailto:HTTP/freeipa01.chr.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT>
> memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa01.bxl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
> <mailto:HTTP/freeipa01.bxl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT>
> memberPrincipal: HTTP/freeipa01.mtl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT
> <mailto:HTTP/freeipa01.mtl.ddistrict.int at DDISTRICT.INT>
> cn: ipa-http-delegation
> objectClass: ipaKrb5DelegationACL
> objectClass: groupOfPrincipals
> objectClass: top
>

> But not the second one:
>
> ldapsearch -D "cn=Directory Manager” -W -LLL -x -b
> cn=ipa-ldap-delegation,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int""
> [...]

Ok, I think I misguided you with the second DN, the real DN should be
"cn=ipa-ldap-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int", see
/usr/share/ipa/replica-s4u2proxy.ldif for the LDIF that is being loaded.

The key here is to check the error message of ldapmodify that was run on the
failing replica, try to search in /var/log/ipareplica-install.log.

Martin