[Freeipa-users] openldap certs?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu May 22 21:35:33 UTC 2014

On 05/22/2014 11:16 AM, Bret Wortman wrote:
> It doesn't seem to have helped -- we're still pretty slow even with IP
> addresses in sssd.conf.

Then we need debug logs to see where the delays are. Put high debug
level and zip the logs somewhere we can take a look at.
Jakub is your guy.

> On 05/22/2014 11:07 AM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>> On 05/22/2014 10:36 AM, Bret Wortman wrote:
>>> I found that our slower system was using FQDNs for the list of IPA
>>> servers; our faster system was using IPs. I'm switching now, letting
>>> Puppet distribute the update and will see if it helps.
>>>

>> That means you have problems with DNS that are worth looking into.
>>
>>> By enumeration, do you mean are we spelling out our IPA servers?
>>> Yes. We only have 3 and they look something like this:
>>
>> No. I mean the ability of sssd to download everything when enumerate
>> = true
>> This causes a lot of traffic and overhead and a usual reason for low
>> performance.
>> We were unfortunate to include this setting into one of the early
>> sssd.conf examples and people have been copying it around ever since
>> though we strongly recommend against enabling it.
>>

>>> [domain/foo.net]
>>>
>>> cache_credentials = True
>>> krb5_store_password_if_offline = True
>>> ipa_domain = foo.net
>>> id_provider = ipa
>>> auth_provider = ipa
>>> access_provider = ipa
>>> ipa_hostname = rm266ws-a.foo.net
>>> chpass_provider = ipa
>>> ipa_dyndns_update = True
>>> ipa_server = _srv_, 192.168.2.61, 192.168.2.62, 192.168.2.63
>>> ldap_netgroup_search_base = cn=ng,cn=compat,dc=foo,dc=net
>>> ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/ipa/ca.crt
>>> [sssd]
>>> services = nss, pam, ssh