[Freeipa-users] LDAP/SSSD/IPA performance

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Fri May 23 13:48:00 UTC 2014

More soft/anecdotal:

When executing "sudo -i" or "sudo -iu" the first time, we can expect a
several second delay before the command completes. If we then exit the
session and re-execute the command, it will complete almost instantly.
So whatever cache is holding this information, if we could increase its
duration, that would certainly make our pain less. Is this a settable value?

Entering a password into a screensaver is particularly painful. 10+
seconds before the screensaver will exit.

We are looking at environmental possibilities, like interfaces and such.
This machine is running on a VMware VM, but we've had success deploying
IPA on VMs in the past, and our faster network is running VMs as well
(with one physical box).

Bret