[Freeipa-users] Wildcard DNS record supported ?

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Sun May 25 18:29:08 UTC 2014

Matt . wrote:
> Indeed!

Look for the regex in ipalib/plugins/dns.py . I'd suspect you'll need to
modify the hostname validator, validate_hostname, in ipalib/util.py.

Be wary of edge cases.

For instructions on testing, see http://www.freeipa.org/page/Testing

For how to contribute the patch, see http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute

regards